The Stonehenge Tour is back! We will be running from Monday 12th April. We’ve received the We’re Good to Go tourism industry consumer mark, so we are definitely ready to welcome you back and look after you safely.
Tickets are available to book now. English Heritage have introduced limits on visitor numbers to help keep everyone safe.
Although things might be a little different when you visit, you’ll still be able to enjoy exploring the places where history really happened. And you’ll still be given a warm and safe welcome by our friendly – if socially distant – staff and volunteers.
- The stone circle and visitor centre are all open for you to enjoy while keeping to social distancing rules. The exhibition will reopen on the 17th May.
- Shuttle bus – The shuttle bus will be prioritised for those who need it. All visitors using the bus will be required to bring and wear a face covering.
- Walking to the Stones – We’ve introduced a 2.6 mile circular route to the stones and back on unmade paths through the surrounding ancient landscape which is owned and cared for by the National Trust.
- Cafe – A takeaway catering offer will be provided in our outdoor seating area or you are welcome to bring a picnic to enjoy near the stones.
- Shop – The shop will be open and most items are also available online.
- Toilets – Our toilets are open as usual. Additional hand sanitising stations will be available across the site.
If you are visiting Salisbury Cathedral, please go to The Stonehenge Tour Cathedral booking page, as you will need to book a time slot.
Please note that due to the ongoing Coronavirus situation, all passengers must wear a face covering and maintain social distancing when travelling on the The Stonehenge Tour.
The best way to discover the mysterious stones…
The Stonehenge Tour is operated by Salisbury Reds. On the tour you can journey back in time to discover the magnificent Stonehenge, probably the most sophisticated stone circle in the world.
Our hop-on hop-off tour picks up in Salisbury city centre and runs to Old Sarum, through the beautiful Wiltshire countryside to the magnificent, magical henge.
With on board commentary in 10 different languages we guide you through the glorious landscape telling you all about historical tales and facts that took place in the area.
You can listen in the following languages:
We offer an all-in-one ticket which gives you priority entrance to Stonehenge and its visitor centre as well as the tour and Salisbury Cathedral, or just pay for the bus tour and enjoy the ride through the Wiltshire landscape.
All of our online tickets are valid for 6 months from the day of purchase.